Friday, May 2, 2014

My stars !

Current Notes : There's at least two more big green ones in there !  



After yesterday’s wild fabric rush, it was hard to motivate m’self to go anywhere. But I had a Library hold to pick up – Kitchen Princess, Ominbus Edition 4 – and had promised to take Dearest Son to Dollar Tree, so off we went.


I had a short list of needs – new night-light bulbs for the fridge (the door’s water/ice dispenser uses them), a battery for the living room clock, elastics for my now shoulder-length hair, and dried papaya/pineapple for Beloved Hubby – and you know me, I’m always open to new finds. MIL had expressed an interest in a plastic bowl I bought there, and those were back in stock, so I snagged her one. And they always need coffee filters ! They also had a few of those rhinestone lanyards back in stock, so I got a pale blue one, as the black one looked really chintzy, and I still had some silver left. The delicious pickles were back in stock, so I got three jars, along with a few snacks and kitchen miscellany.


Their ‘Craft’ section had one bag of those star-shaped ‘jewels’, like they were made and meant for me to buy. There’s at least two big green ones in there !


The Library still had my hold, and I found m’self lightly tempted by the nearly 20 year span of World Book encyclopedia Year Books – annual updates to the big set – but I already have similar books that date back to the 60s, so I let someone else snag ‘em. The real temptation was the electric typewriter, complete with a ‘Works !’ Post-It attached. Luckily I didn’t really have the funds, a source of replacement ribbons, or a real use in mind for it. Much less space !


It must be Free Yard Sale weekend, because they seemed to be everywhere. We stopped at one that seemed to be a near perma-sale, because most of the prices were only a buck or two away from new. I found a gallon bag of what I thought were fabric scraps for some pocket change – turned out, they were various sizes of pinking-shear cut triangular dog bandanas. Possibly the seller used to have a grooming business ? Well, they’d already been washed, were unused and unhemmed,  and most were plenty big enough for my purposes. I must’ve scored at least 20 different prints, only one repeated. So I was happy with my deal.


It’s so hard to not go to all the yard sales I can find ! But we just barely have the space for all the stuff I really love and need, so it’s best if I enjoy all my new fabric instead !


I may have to figure out how I’m gonna store it all, though…


No comments:

Post a Comment