Wednesday, May 7, 2014

♪ Pretty as a midsummer morn, they called her... well, Aurora ♫

Current Notes: Isn't she lovely ? 




Wow. I have one kinda lazy seller, then I get a flat-out amazing one. The DP&M Aurora lot I won Sunday is already here ! She upgraded me to Priority and mailed the next day. Fantastic. I left her the best feedback I could come up with, and e-mailed her specifics of how happy I was with our deal.


So. I now have the ‘original’ Aurora, not the ‘jewel’ version on TRU’s website now. In fact, all of mine are the non-jewel original releases, and I’m glad. Can tell ya that original Aurora’s dress is far more ornate and beautiful, as is Tia’s. And the glittery fabric goes all the way around. It’s sad how much that impresses me. (snerk) I was looking idly at Barbie ball gowns on eBay the other day, from various Chinese sellers. Most of them made note of the fact that the pretty fabric did, in fact,  extend all the way to the back closure.


I also got the pillow from the rarely-seen DP&M bed, most of the Vanity set (missing the comb and tray), a play curling iron from another Disney vanity set, the robe and pajamas and tutu created for Aurora – all missing the shoes. Yup. All that, again no crown, and no shoes with any of the outfits. Ah, well. Like I needed more of a push to get my shoe pattern right ! Well, actually, yes, I do. All that, delivered, for less than half the sale shelf price of the doll alone. Only problem is, now I wanna get Belle a tutu, and Tia a nightgown set, so they all have matching clothes !



Aurora herself is in excellent shape, but the only downside to the ‘jewel’ collection now on TRU’s website is that it doesn’t show the original dolls and their reviews. Aurora’s hair is excellent, just beautiful, but it is a bit choppy in the back. Did the original owner cut it, or did it come that way from Jakks Pacific ? No way for me to really know. Ah, truthfully I don’t much care, she’s an absolutely lovely doll, and I’m happy to have her no matter what shape her hair’s in. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, Aurora is cute! I saw what I think is a DP&M Ariel at a local "collectibles" store the other day, along with pajama sets for $5. They had, iirc, Ariel, Belle, and I think the last one might have been Cinderella? I'd have to look again.

    ReplyDelete