Monday, May 5, 2014

Just me whining.

Current Notes: Soon to come photos, #12




What I ordered with my PineCone funds last came in today. (grin) I had two more surveys right after I cashed out for it, so I’ve requested another cash out in order to snag something else. Now the PC fund is completely empty – bring on the surveys ! I’d be more excited about new stuff, but… (sigh) I had issues with the envelope, much less what was inside. And this was from an Etsy seller with dozens of items and tons of feedback, mostly good but frequently lukewarm.


First off, please, try to spell my name right. I know my name’s a challenge, but I’m not Dorris. Dorris didn’t overpay for shipping and didn’t wait three days from the time you cashed your PayPal ‘til you had time to mail the package. PayPal spells my name right, I’d love it if someone I paid hard-earned to would make the effort. Second, if you sprung for tracking, great ! It’s protection for you, and frankly, I won’t ship without it either. It’s worth the small fee for my own peace of mind. But, wouldn’t you think it’d be a good idea to share the tracking number, so the person who paid for all this – not Dorris – knows it’s on the way ? You’re kinda getting more for the money if you share it. Also, just shoving it in the paper envelope is taking a real chance. Again, personally, I don’t like to ship without at least a cheapie zipper-type bag protecting the goodies inside. They don’t weigh much, and heck, if ya can’t get the right size or they’re too expensive, there’s always Mal-Wart sacks. I like bubble envelopes too – a recent envelope was so badly damaged when I got it, if it’d been plain paper, and the shoes hadn’t been in a plastic baggie with the jacket, the order within would have been lost and/or severely damaged.


The order itself was OK, but I don’t get where she said the elastic waist on the skirt was damaged when there’s no elastic here at all. Same for the waaay oversized ‘bloomer’ style panties. Both have ‘age spots’ in the fabric, so I’ll wash ‘em before I decide what to do with them. The blouse is very nice, very white, and I love the ‘Gibson Girl’ sleeves, but the lace is so big, especially along the collar, it overpowers the doll. It’s OK, I’m gonna have to take most of the blouse apart anyway – sleeve cuffs are too tight to fit over the dolls’ hands, the sleeve is about an inch off the shoulder and about a half inch too long, and the bodice itself is about an inch too big all the way around, even with the darts. It came with a cute cameo at the throat, which is actually a plastic button. Wish they still made those – most of my larger dolls would have cameo jewelry if I could find ‘em. The black vest is made from fabric I can’t identify, but it’s lined and lovely, with long ribbon ties and darts in the back. Also rather big on the dolls, but made very nicely. So I’m glad I ordered it, but kind of wish both the description and shipping had been better.  



But then, I wouldn’t have anything to write (whine) about ! 

1 comment:

  1. I know I've seen bags of cameos or brooches somewhere. Maybe it was AC Moore or Michaels. I know cheap but most times there's a 40% off coupon for Michaels if you have one in your area. The bag had different sizes in it so they may work for gluing to a ribbon to make them for your girls

    ReplyDelete