Saturday, May 3, 2014

April showers bring May yard sales !

Current Notes: Photo Coming Soon !




Yard sales bloomed like dandelions today, at least twice as many as yesterday, but most of ‘em were heavily concentrated on clothes, baby stuff, heavy furniture, and, for whatever reason, golf equipment, tons of that. As a consequence Salvation Army was nearly empty of shoppers, unusual for a Saturday. I had all the time in the world to look at their ‘collectable’ dolls, and found a lovely  ‘Miss Revlon’ bride – not sure if she’s a clone or authentic. The incredible detail to her dress and underpinnings suggest authenticity, but I couldn’t find a single mark on her. In the end, I let her go, since she would only get more dusty at Chez Insanity. But she was just beautiful. I also saw a Full House ‘Michelle’ doll redressed in a ‘days gone by’ style dress, hiding among the porcelains and pseudo-antiques. Not the most attractive doll in the world.


We found a few goodies – Dearest Son snagged a nearly new 1/18th-scale 1967 Beetle die-cast replica and an old Microsoft joystick to dismantle for fun. I found a nice lamp (we’ve needed a small one for the bedroom, my bedside desk lamp’s a bit hard to get to, and the light is often harsh), a pretty basket to replace the ‘Uncrustables’ box that held toiletries in the bedroom bathroom, twelve hand-sized fun-foam stars, and a knee-high burgundy wicker clothes hamper in near-new shape. You’re gonna laugh, but it’s perfect to hold the fabric I bought these past few days, plus all the sweaters I got from ‘stuff a bag for a buck’ Thursday at the PreviousTown thrift in March. Snagged all that for $22., Dearest’s selections and tax included. It helped that ‘household and bric-a-brac’ was 25% off today.



So I was pretty happy. Beloved Hubby’s latest job netted him some new-to-us windows – tall ones that don’t open, but will let in tons of light and are far better insulated. We discussed where they’re going, and he got to work bustin’ brick. I got to work bustin’ old mortar off dislodged bricks, so we could reuse them. MIL helped out, then she moved to let FIL do that, and enlisted Dearest to help her haul away mortar chips. I know my arms are gonna sleep well tonight, they’re both tired ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment