Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Pinkie welcomes you to Winter '16 !



Happy Winter Solstice ! Felt good enough to hit Mal-Wart today – it helped that the high today was 56° ! Bright and sunny under spring-like blue skies. I’m still weak, but the weather really urged me to get out there. Feeling sunlight on your skin (what little skin’s exposed, that is !) is always a delight.


And, as you can see, I got the pink-haired Curvy, without taking back my brunette Asian Curvy. Also bought two ‘Sparkle Girls’ outfits, one for the lacy blouse (paired with ridiculous shorts), the other for its dramatic elegance of black sparkle and roses. Wish they came with shoes instead of the useless purses ! 


The shelled mixed nuts were half price, so I got three pounds, which should take me through Christmas. Seems like someone picked out most of the pecans, but there’s plenty of almonds, walnuts, and Brazil nuts, so I’m happy. On a whim, I bought a gallon of low-fat chocolate milk and some markdown mini-cupcakes, but somehow, the cupcakes didn’t make it to Chez Insanity. Dunno if it never left the register or Dearest Son left them in the cart, but it’s fine. Didn’t really need the calories anyway.


Got a replacement cube of tissues – ugliest box I’ve ever seen. Milk-of-Magnesia pink with burgundy swirly-flowers. I really liked the box I had, with its white stars on a blue backdrop, so I slit open the new box and refilled the old. Since I just popped the side seam, a glue stick put the old box back to rights. The pink one is holding cracked nut shells, so their sharp edges don’t slice the trash bag. It all works out ! 


Got Beloved Hubby another thermal undershirt while they’re on markdown, and Dearest got his choice of lunch and a snack. He’s so close to having the money saved up for a new computer element, he didn’t want to spend his funds, but temptations were everywhere. Since public school is out for Winter Break, M-W’s busy, even at noon on Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Pinkie looks lovely.
    The only thing I like as much as thermal undershirts for winter is thermal socks. Even though my boots are lined and warm, those made them even better. My feet can't tell they've been outside:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Dorriebelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This blog is really interesting. I would like you all to check out this amazing game and show your love.

    Link : http://bit.ly/PrincessDollDiary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear DorrieBelle,
    I know you've already attempted to restart this blog several times and may have given up on it, but it would be nice to hear how you're doing. Hope all is well with you and yours, and if it's not hang in there.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete