Sunday, December 4, 2016

Missed you more than Dory - 'cause I remembered you every day !




Okay. . . one more try. (sigh) Vanished again, sorry, I think having long-term houseguests kind of depressed me more than I thought. Yes, my ILs extended their stay past the agreed on departure date of ‘before Halloween’. They left yesterday. I wrote every day for weeks, so I’m in practice, but you don’t want to read a word of it. It’s petty and vindictive and hateful and even I don’t like to remember how small I get when they’re around, but it happens every time. It sounds terrible, I know, but I’m just not m’self around them, and I’ve felt so much more ‘me’ today that I decided to go ahead and try yet another restart. Thanks for your patience.


Health-wise, I’ve been OK. Still tired a lot, and yeah, too depressed to do much, so I haven’t sewn or plotted or really much of anything besides enough to get us by. I started back with my bad eating habits and just now got those back in line a few days ago. Gained 10 pounds. We’re slowly returning Chez Insanity to our place, which is hard. The ILs hopped from ‘truck trailing car we gave them’ to ‘just car’ to ‘car towing small trailer’ for their move, often changing their minds daily, so you can imagine what got left behind. A small amount of it is useful to us, a smaller amount was ours (not given to them, they just somehow have it), the rest of it is useless dollar store / thrift shop junk. Including all the patterns and fabric I bought her, plus yet another sewing machine. I have five, maybe six, now. The garage is stuffed full, to the point where Beloved Hubby can’t move in there and can barely store tools anymore, so we’re trying to clean it out as quick as possible. He has a just-divorced co-worker, I think he’ll ‘inherit’ more than we did !


I’m just glad things are moving back to normal. For us, anyway. All the digs on Facebook, the food hiding and disappearances, silent treatments. . . all gone. They’re BIL’s responsibility soon, and I hope they’ll be happier with them than they evidently were with us.


Beloved and Dearest Son rented Finding Dory tonight – how thoughtful ! Believe it or not, I haven’t seen it, mostly due to the theme and my challenges with my own parents. Man, I can’t get along with anybody, can I ? :)


Looking forward to reclaiming more of Chez Insanity tomorrow – hope your first December weekend was amazing !

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back again DorrieBelle. Here's hoping your holidays are happy and that your New Year is better than this year. Though from what I've heard online, 2016 has been a disappointing year for a lot of people. But you know what they say; things can only go up from here. Hopefully that's true.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Dorriebelle.I'm glad to hear you're OK and that you're getting your space and your time back. Take care :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that you are back, and that you are still feeling well health wise! Even though you may feel bad for writing somethings, I still believe it can be very helpful, even if it's just for your eyes and you delete it right after. It helps to get those feelings out in a cathartic way. You have been so missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your houseguests were so ungracious, but hopefully you guys will have your space back in shape soon!

    ReplyDelete