Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kinda ranks that the ones I like are in the background...


Current Mood : Much ado about little... 


Major thunderstorm tonight. The skies are lit up and beautiful, and I'm trying to not worry about all our boxes on the back porch. There's simply nowhere else for them to go, so all I can do is hope that the tarp is enough to protect them. I'd hate to unpack moldy dolls in a couple of months.


Kind of a boring day otherwise. We mostly sat around and goofed off. Rented Red State and Bridesmaids - I wouldn't say Red State is really a horror tale, more like a suspense one, although it tries early on for some Saw-like ick and gore. It's scarier more for the opinions espoused than the action. Bridesmaids wasn't the fart-and-raunch comedy the ads would have you believe, either. It was more of a late-coming-of-age rom-com. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a laugh riot.


Skinned my left knee when I tripped over some lumber-trash put out for the next big trash pick-up day at DFIL's. I knew it was there, and if I'd been looking where I was going, I would have seen it, but I wasn't, and down I went. I still feel like an idiot.


Programmed the cable to record this year's Monster High special, Fright On ! . Here, it comes on Nickelodeon and Nickelodeon HD at noon and again at 3pm on October 30th. The plot synopsis has me a bit worried - how are they gonna cover all that in 23 minutes ? I wanna see my favorite characters, not get introduced to 400 new ones I'll never see again. 


When other monster schools are merged with Monster High, our ghouls find themselves up against a Normie administrator determined to drive a stake into the harmony of the school, and magnify old grievances in order to isolate and separate the monster groups. This agenda of intolerance can only be cured by Frankie, Clawdeen, Draculaura and their ghoulfriends as they strive to prove that the culture clash of Fur and Fang will not inevitably lead to a war within the walls of the school.


I guess we'll find out in a few days ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment