Monday, May 2, 2016

Hiya ! I'm back-ya !





Sorry I've been gone so long - I've been in and out of the hospital, and keeping up with so many appointments, we have a new-to-us car. Ironic, because I’ve been too weak and disoriented to drive until just last week. Emmy-car is now with my ILs, since I couldn’t drive them to their appointments for two months and they were squawking a bit about it. No longer my problem, yaaay !


My heart’s screwing up again – my pulse went to 141 and stayed there for several hours, so the VA told me to come in and they put me under a light anesthetic and shocked me to get it back in rhythm. I was surprised the ICD didn’t do that (I thought that was its job), but I never got a good explanation about it. I’m on oxygen at night, and that’s helping a lot, but the big change is my diet. Limited fluid (1000ml a day), limited salt. It’s happened before, and it’s happened again, my sense of taste has changed and salty stuff, like my former daily half-bag of chip-type snacks, not only tastes bad, it burns my throat. I’ve lost seven pounds without really trying, as I’ve just this week been cleared for light exercise.


I have two appointments this week and at least one next week, and I feel much better, so I hope they’re gonna tell me I’m doing better, too. I’ve been almost too exhausted to sit up, and we got a Craigslist sofa for the Playroom so I can nap when I need to, but even that’s happening less often. Helped clean the neglected kitchen today, and did two loads of laundry, so I’m coming back, for sure !


Sorry if I scared you, but I really couldn’t keep a focus for very long until this weekend, and even then, it was a bit flaky. But that’s normal for me ! Hope you’ve had a less scary month !!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're well enough to get back to blogging. I've missed your posts. Take care of yourself.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I was wondering where you had been and if things were okay. Hopefully you can continue to make progress and get back to blogging. I missed reading what's going on with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding Dorrie lol! So glad to hear you are back. After a while, I started to get worried. Glad to hear you are doing and feeling better. You have been sorely missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Dorrie! That sounds terrifying! I hope you're feeling a lot better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone ! Missed you all like crazy, selfishly glad you missed me, too ! Hope you haven't had any scary moments - it's time to rejoice in the beauty of glorious weather, when it's not raining. I have a bunch of new dolls, and hope to start sewing again soon - thanks for sticking with me ! (((BIIIIG HUGSSS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dorriebelle! I kept checking back here to know how you were doing but I truly hoped you were finally getting some much needed rest. I'm sorry you had such a scare but I'm glad you're on the mend now. Keep resting and recovering , slow and steady wins the race, My best to your loved ones. Big Hug, Maricha

    ReplyDelete