Saturday, June 9, 2018

What is with all these abandoned Build A Bears ?


Got to stay up late and sleep in even later with Beloved Hubby, then we all got to it ! He surprised me with my favorite takeout sausage biscuits, I returned the favor by making a soda run a few hours later. Have to keep him hydrated while he works on projects in the garage. He salvaged several cabinets that had to be remade – clients are forever changing their minds ! – earlier this week, and made himself a nice storage area in the garage with them. He’s working on new tables for his routers (a cabinet designer’s right-hand tool) and saws, and hopes to start on a lathe. He’s a mechanical genius, and I love to watch him work things out.


However, it is steamin’ hot in there, with super-high humidity, and even nearly stripped, I got tired fast. So I hung out as long as I could, then did my own thing for a while, but checking in to make sure he was OK and hydrated.


Took Dearest Son to Goodwill for a bit, and found two more dressed Build A Bears. I claimed the jeans and a purple dress, he wanted the ‘Beary Nice’ t-shirt. The bears will end up re-donated. He found a Ty Beanie MLP, the Applejack his collection lacked. Now he has them all ! The nice can opener I bought doesn’t work (&^%$ !), but I found a couple books, so all’s well that went well !


After a late-afternoon nap, I cheap-serged most of the fabric pile, which served several purposes. It got my ‘sewing eye’ back into play, and prepped it all for the wash, so I don’t have a huge tangle at load’s end. Also used up cheep thread and reminded me that I should be shot for buying or even looking at more fabric. At least it kept me from wanting to visit Jo-Ann’s !


I’m getting tons of e-mail coupons from them, every day, sometimes twice a day, occasionally even on my phone. Jo-Ann’s is about a half-step away from sending me a note offering to fill the bed of our Ranger-truck with sale stuff for $11.75. Funny thing is, I’d still debate going if they did ! I got too much of everything now.

No comments:

Post a Comment