Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Didn't even go today, and therapy drove me crazy !


Got a great night’s sleep. . . and the day started to go downhill right after I left for therapy. Was early to take the old copper pipes we replaced to the recyclers’ – but their scales were broken, and she didn’t know how to grade or answer any of my questions. OK, fine. Back in the parking lot, my phone chimed. One member messaged that she had nowhere to take her dog, so she was bringing him to Group, another said that was fine, she was bringing her six-year-old daughter, because now that school’s out, she has no child care.


I turned the truck around. For one, I’m allergic to dogs, and was unwilling to take a chance I could tolerate this one, so soon after being sick. And second,  it’s not like we can discuss adult topics freely with a child in the room. Plus, I admit it, the sheer ‘I’m doing this and you can deal’ attitude out of both of them ticked me right off. Especially since one of them is the same uber-needy, rather passive woman who expects everyone to take care of her without doing much herself. If you want my opinion, every week we’re both in therapy is the same, she hasn’t done anything about her situation but complains that it hurts and nothing’s changed. No one wants to challenge her since she’s about as ill as me. Of course, they got no problems challenging me. . .


As it fell out, the kid wasn’t in the conference room – the dog was – but that meant someone else had to act as a surprise free babysitter for over two hours. For some reason, that ticked me off even worse. The group was still scheduled when both of these. . . women lit up the group chat with complaints that the therapist dared act ticked about the kid and dog, to the point of questioning her right to do so. I’d about had enough of these entitled boundary-jumpers, but didn’t want to carry tales to the therapist, so I merely called and came clean about my concerns and told her I’d support whatever she decided. Meanwhile, these two were text-lobbying for other members to side with them, with one declaring, “You get us both, or none of us’, and I was almost happy to say, “Bye !”. Didn’t, of course, but this was clearly bringing out the mean in me.


Therapist called back to say that the dog was no longer welcome (not a service animal), and Needy had to make new arrangements for child-care, she understood both sides, but had to keep a safe environment for the group, not cater to whims and thoughtlessness. I told her what was bothering me, she told me to let Needy have it, that my views were not only reasonable and well-thought out, but could help her see from other angles besides her own. Hope I don’t hurt her. She also wants me to examine why this situation bothered me so. Next Wednesday is gonna be interesting.


Beloved Hubby posted FBook photos of his cabinets in progress, and they are gorgeous. They made one of his friends sigh in envy ! I got his favorite chips and Dearest Son preferred a rare MLP pony to snacks, so I got him a cheep frozen pizza. I got a box of Triscuit ™crackers to go with the spreadable smoked gouda – I can’t find generics like them anymore. Once I shook off some of the salt and spread on some cheese, they were completely delicious.


Got dinner early-prepped for the slow cooker – crispy chicken legs with potatoes and onions – and relaxed for a bit. That’s the only problem with a crock pot, meals on a whim require planning. Then I vacuumed the long-neglected hallway and cleaned up my recently moved jewelry armoire. Hoping this weekend to reacquaint m’self with all my gems. And start wearing them !

No comments:

Post a Comment