Monday, June 11, 2018

Grape Monday


Rather quiet day, I finished cheap-serging my material, using up eight little spools of cut-rate thread, and got the bright colors into the wash. The darker ones will have to wait a bit longer.


We ate all but two of the pizzas and pizza rolls this weekend, and Dearest Son had one today. Since the ’10 for $9.’ sale ends tomorrow, and I wanted the 99¢/lb. grapes, off we went. We got samples of three cheeses – I loved the creamy Colby Jack, but the Camembert was too sharp for my taste – and small pieces of cake from the bakery. It’s a very nice grocery ! Got the few other things we needed for the week, and headed home.


That got boring, so I took Dearest to the new thrift, and we had some fun. He selected DVD/BluRay discs of Frozen (ours is acting up) and Cinderella III : A Twist in Time, one of the less odious Disney sequels. I actually kind of liked it.


I found a quarter yard of white velvet – not the stretch stuff, the real thing ! – and a quarter yard of laminated paisley. I’d been wanting to try that, but the only place that carries it is Hobby Lobby, another place I only rarely visit. Also picked up a pretty embroidered vintage dishtowel. I selected a gorgeous sand-dollar beach coffee mug from St. John in the Virgin Islands, it’s a marked improvement over my old black plastic pen holder. A starry blue infinity scarf and spring-green purse were half off, so I took the chance. There were a few other bits- including a doll size handgun from the ‘Free’ box ! – but that was the majority of our hunt.


Dearest discovered that the movies still had the Disney Movie Rewards code leaflets inside. Nothing ventured – and three minutes later, my points increased by 250 ! We now have enough for a free Diamond Edition of Cinderella or Little Mermaid – soon as he decides which.


My Frito Pie came out well, even though it only had a nodding acquaintance with the recipe. Decided to add the half-eaten can of chili and the going-fast enchilada sauce from the fridge, and I’m glad I did.


Up early as usual tomorrow – I love spending the morning with Beloved Hubby – but I have to go, too. Advanced Heart Failure clinic at the VA Med Center at 10am. I’ll have to leave at 8 – to get gas, make the drive, and find a parking space !

No comments:

Post a Comment