Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happy Birthday, Beloved Hubby !


Woke up hoping therapy’d been cancelled, but no such luck. Most of the message chimes I heard were to wish Beloved Hubby a happy birthday. I’m glad he’s had so many good wishes. We can always use those !


So after getting him ready for another day – if it rained, he’d be home early, but no such luck – I dragged myself though the morning and got ready to go. Therapy went well enough, although the Needy member I was finally honest with said she’d been told much the same by her mother last weekend, and broke down in tears. It’s a long story and not mine to tell, but she’d stopped taking her meds and it was all our therapist could do to not hospitalize her on the spot.


By the time group was over, everyone but me had flown, possibly uncomfortable afterwards, even though they'd all agreed with me. I ended up driving her home. She has an appointment tomorrow, and if she misses it, our therapist will have her admitted. Hope she’ll be all right, I still feel rather guilty.


Rebelliously, I went to the OldTown thrift and had some fun. Found three pair of much-needed shorts for Beloved, a MLP-sized Mystery Machine and a Build A Bear Toothless dragon, complete with saddle, for Dearest Son. I scored several more kids’ clothes for pocket change, and was given a fabric scrap bag ! Evidently, I’m only one of three or four shoppers who buy them, and the first one of us to show up would get it. I can’t wait to go through it tomorrow.


Paid a bill while I was in the area, and was invited to help myself to their promo table. I left the cookies, but got a nice notepad, a fidget spinner, a foam mini football, and an oversized paper clip and pen, all emblazoned with the company’s name. Felt a little greedy, but they actually urged me to take more. So, yay, nice notepads for all ! And a spare fidget spinner for the truck.


Didn’t mind waiting for the train to get the sodas for the rest of the week – it was the train on the other track out of sight that moved at a glacier’s pace. But I was soon home, and delighted Dearest with his newest goodies. He’d spent the early afternoon decorating a card he’d selected last month for Beloved. So sweet !


Speaking of, he was home early, but not drastically so, and he decided to play in the garage. I got his favorite meal and we watched a movie together, the three of us. He loves his new router ! And thanked Dearest for his thoughtful card. Hope his birthday was nice for him, too.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! I'm super-jealous of your Toothless find! I found a Rarity BAB today, but Toothless is so much cooler!

    Happy B-day to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Am Very Happy to Read of Your Blog. Really Great Post. Its brilliant.

    Offer On Kids Clothing

    ReplyDelete