Friday, June 8, 2018

Food Friday


Happy Friday ! I had a fun day, mostly in grocery stores ! Local one offered 10 Totino’s pizzas or pizza rolls for $9., and Dearest Son was thrilled. Had to be careful with funds, but I got some soda, the pizzas, the bread Beloved Hubby likes, and a couple markdowns – and still had enough left to take Dearest for a 7-11 Slushie. While the cheese pizza rolls I selected tempted me, I cleared out some leftovers instead, and had a Babybel cheese.


Trying to be more aware of my eating. Had a random thought last night, that people with healthy self-respect don’t eat like I do. Even Beloved couldn’t argue with that, and it made some choices easier. Long as I kept myself busy off the computer, I didn’t think so much about all the good things to munch in the kitchen. My therapist once said that my choice to not self-medicate with drugs or alcohol made me a rare bird, but I admitted that I do the same thing with food. It’s time to put those crutches down. There’s too much for me to do to obsess over potato chips and cheese, and I’ll have more time to do ‘em when I’m not so blasted hungry all the time.


I miss walking. But it’s 90° with 90% humidity at 7am here. Really need to break out the Wii Fit system again, I’m just being lazy.


Perhaps ironically, Beloved said my cooking has really improved over the past few months. Actually, I’m simply trying new recipes and adapting what I know to what we have, but the results have been pretty good. Plus, slow cooker ! Evidently the one we got as a wedding gift was malfunctioning, I couldn’t cook squat in that one. Now I’m amazed at how easy it is, and how tender meats get ! I’ve discovered that I taste meals better when I drink water instead of soda, so it’s been easier to cut my carbonation, sugar, and caffeine down. But I can’t resist his coffee ! It’s rare to brew a pot in summer, but when he does, it’s like a warm hug, every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment