Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday's trials


Ugh. Left two hours early for my VA Advanced Cardiac Failure appointment, one to make the drive, one to find a parking space. Seem ridiculous ? A little, but it still took me 20 minutes to find a slot, and it was sheer luck I found a kind Vietnam vet leaving a space I could use. The truck in front of me parked on a grassy divider, and by the time I was done, it was gone but two smaller trucks had taken its place. The ‘No Parking’ zones were loaded with sedans.


Poked around the small PX (post exchange, military store) for a few, but not even the 75% off shelf had anything of interest to me. Tried a sample of Victoria’s Secret ‘Love Addict’ cologne – I may have to get some of that soon. Still have most of a bottle of ‘Pure Seduction’ left, though. Headed up to my appointment only 20 minutes early.


So, as usual, it ran late, but it wasn’t until 40 minutes past my time that I got notified that I should have had blood drawn, so it had to be done right now. And, by luck of the universe, the lab was slammed, and most of the people that came after me went before me, for some reason. By the time that was done, I was over an hour past my appointment, and hadn’t had it yet.


Long story short (too late !), I got gently chided for my weight and had a couple prescriptions raised and lowered. Due to that, I have to go back next month. Arrrgh. Already dreading it. Found that the ‘20% possible chance of rain’ actually meant ‘monsoon’, and I’d left the windows down as it was already hot during my 8am drive. My increasingly damp butt drove straight home and arrived safely – six hours after I left. I was exhausted.


So was Beloved Hubby. He’d not had a good day either, and came home early. We discussed our Tuesday trials and came to the conclusion that a snack and a nap were good ideas. I still have my old ‘medical anxiety’ plaguing me the night before, so I was already darn wiped out.


Felt much better afterwards, and we chatted more and laughed at my trusting WTF (What The Forecast) for my sarcastic weather needs. The storm caught him by surprise, too – nearly all the forecasts called for thunderstorms tomorrow. We’re taking it easy tonight, and I got therapy tomorrow, but after that, I’m doing family, house, and me stuff for the rest of the week !

No comments:

Post a Comment