Monday, July 16, 2012

Skater's waltz...


Current Mood : Very sleepy...


Deboxed Abbey’s new fashion today – and was immediately taken with how soft and plush her fun-fur shrug was. You’ll definitely be seeing that piece soon, I already have plans for tomorrow’s photo !


I am having so much fun with ‘I Love Fashion’ Abbey, and even up to the minute I took her out of the box, I didn’t even really want the Abbey doll, just her clothes ! I’d made up my mind to buy her if I found her, especially after seeing just the clothes alone bring nearly $40. on eBay, but figured I’d trade the doll sometime later. I wanted that peplum skirt and those pants, bad ! Instead, I have had so much fun playing with her, she hasn’t gone on the shelf with the others – I want her on my desk, with Lagoona and Ghoulia, and the not-yet-finished puma-dude. I’m not sure why that is, but I don’t have to fight with putting her hands back on. That means a lot. I wonder if the engineering is a little better. I’m in fear of breaking some of my other dolls.

It's funny that her hair is wider around than her waist. I could barely get that black peplum overskirt around her hair, but it snugs over that dress just fine. With her hair back, she kind of reminds me of Grace Kelly...


I was glad I got the laundry over with early when the water suddenly thinned to a trickle. So much for doing dishes this afternoon ! Can’t say I was too upset. I really should have sewn, but I got lazy and watched Law & Order reruns and looked at the new Lego ‘Monster Fighters’ sets Dearest Son is currently enamored with, on the official website. You’d think sets that didn’t require paying Disney or Mattel a license fee would be a little less expensive, but you’d think wrongly ! It follows the usual ‘two or three small sets at $10. to $20., a couple more at $30. to $50., one or two at $60. or so, and one big one at $120.’ pattern as most others, licensed or not.


Not much else going on. Wrote up the menu for next week, cleaned up the kitchen. Around 8pm, we got hot water back, so tomorrow’s catch-up day on the housework. Luckily we’re too broke to go anywhere anyway ! (grin) I’m hoping my Jemgirl shoes come in soon. I’m really looking forward to getting them – and deciding which dolls get to wear them first !

1 comment:

  1. Oh Abby looks great in her new fashions! I'm still waiting for the TRU's in our area to get them in!

    ReplyDelete