Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th !


Current Mood : Slightly image-nervous.


Got kinda bored today, with the dishes done and floors swept, so Dearest Son and I hit the local Mal-Wart, to get out of the house and walk around. Plus, I was feeling a bit down about missing the San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) – like I’ll ever get to go ! – and hearing all about the endless fun of the National Barbie convention, so sitting around at home, no matter how nice and clean it is, was just not enough.


Although I did get a laugh from Kevin Smith’s tweets of the event. He posted a photo of an endless line circled back on itself, reading ‘For those of you bummed about missing Comic con this year, this is the line to get into Hall H at 6:30 this morning’. Whew. Somehow that, and the Mattel booth selling out of exclusive dolls ten minutes after opening, never makes it to the official ‘We had sooooooooo much fun !’ posts.


Here’s the second SDCC reveal, Target-exclusive PolterGhoul (Spectra) and WonderWolf (Clawdeen). Sorry to rename them, but I honestly thought PolterGhoul was just an upgraded ‘Ghost Girl’ Create A Monster, the first time I saw her.  


Yesterday, it was announced that last year’s runner-up Headless Headmistress Bloodgood will be released – as a TRU exclusive – early next year. Some are flustered, thinking she’ll be part of a $$$ school bundle, but I think she’s more likely to be paired with her horse Nightmare instead. Besides, if there’s one thing I’ve learned – no matter how exclusive anything is, it’ll end up on eBay sooner or later. It’s up to each person who wants to decide what their limit is on what they wanna pay for it. I kinda want the Cleo from the Target-exclusive Skull Shores five-pack, but not enough to pay $50.+ for the set. She’ll show up on eBay sooner or later. Maybe even when I have money !


For now, I spent all I had on a power strip, a new pillow, and some lightbulbs. Oh, and a bag of mixed fruit, I’ve missed having fresh fruit every day. Aldi’s has been fruit-poor this summer. Now I’ve gotta break out the sewing machine – I need a new pillowcase ! And I can finally scan the new pattern. All I have to do is get off my butt…


Or out of the pool. We’re goin’ floatin’ again tonight ! Wheee !

No comments:

Post a Comment