Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth !


Current Mood : Bewildered


Current Image Notes : Click to embiggenate, so you can read the text in Abbey's voice. You know ya wanna. 



Well, today was interesting. Blogger got a DCMA (basically ‘copyright violation’) complaint on four of my posts, and bounced them back to ‘draft’ status until I could ‘fix’ them. Yup, those were the ones with the reposted MH ‘Scaris’ images. It didn’t say what the offense was, or who called it, even at the links they helpfully included that would supposedly explain it all, but that was about all the posts had in common. If I reposted them with the images (at least, I think it was the images, I have no idea what my actual sin was) intact again, Blogger can pull my posts and cancel my account, so I made do with a new image. If that replacement offends you-know-who, I’m advised to retain my own legal counsel. Well. At least it helped me make a decision that, frankly, wasn’t that hard, since it didn’t much appeal to me anyway. Nice (and a bit creepy) to know I’m on the radar, at least. Funny, though, that I don't remember Mattel being this snipey when someone released consumer-research photos of the now-defunct 'Modern Circle' dolls nearly a year early. I wonder, are they somehow more protective of MH than they are of Barbie ? Odd thoughts...


I mean, getting the school was important to me, I admit that. But the hunt and chase thing is not fun anymore. Just strolling into a Target, after checking inventory on line, and buying what I wanted without any fuss or car camp-outs last month was about the most pleasant thing I could imagine. And of all the ‘previews’ I’ve seen, there’s so little I want, I don’t plan on anymore monthlong odysseys for any of it. If it’s there at Mal-Wart, Target, or TRU when I’m there, great. If not, oh, well. I got 38 dolls right now, and haven’t had time to sew in weeks. I want to do more of that and less of shopping. Helps that I’m running outta money, too…


And I have to admit that I was excited when I ‘scored’ the school, but heck, I would have, sooner or later anyway. Just last night, I noticed Target was listing the playset as well, and it was still in stock as of 3pm today. I really should shut up about TRU’s presumed price-jacking, too. Despite raising the price of mine five bucks between my cancelled order ($89.99) and today ($94.99), Target started at $99.99, right off the bat (ha-ha). So much for the so-expensive MSRP of $80. last February.


What’s surprising me is that I really haven’t played with it much. Hasn’t been time ! When Beloved Hubby’s home, we go from zero to out the door in two minutes, so it doesn’t really pay to get too involved in play. Besides, things were getting a bit cluttery around here, and if I wanted space to play in, I had to get my stuff placed and put away. Since I can easily drop cleaning for whatever’s next, I opted for that.


Hung up the few Barbie cases I kept outside my closet door, and drilled in a couple cup hooks for my purses – both of ‘em ! – and the SDCC 2010 MH bag I use to store their wardrobe on the inside. Also hung up some framed art and photos around the house, including that adorable sketch of Cupid that ParaReality did for me earlier this year. Now the place seems more like ‘home’ – and just in time for the fireworks ! We’re pretty close to the park where they’ll be set off, so we don’t have to travel to see them ! Love fireworks, hate traffic.


Hope  your July 4th isn’t as confusing, and is full of pretty aerial displays !

No comments:

Post a Comment