Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rings not on my fingers (they might fit a toe)...


Current Mood : Sleepy




Sorry, I’m a little grouchy today. I was awakened at 5am by my phone cheerily announcing a text message from FIL. I thought it was the alarm, and got up. Nope. He was just happily informing us that their texting capabilities have been restored. I often wonder if he’s being passive-aggressive - I haven’t felt free to speak to him since May, for fear that my emotions will fly as soon as I open my mouth. But then I realize he’s probably just not thinking at all.


At least getting up early let me get more done. Hit the grocery store while Beloved Hubby was still home and before Dearest Son woke up. I had my list and $20. – and brought it in at $19.95, with a couple extra goodies. Salami sandwiches ! Got some fresh eggs, so I hard-boiled the old ones. Beloved loves an occasional egg salad sandwich, too.


Got Dearest to clean up his room for vacuuming as soon as he saw the frozen pizza I got him for lunch, and promised him I’d bake it as soon as his room was ready. Lightspeed ! I was just lucky he’d already had breakfast. He even props his bed up on end for me. It’s always amazing to see how much dirt that vacuum gets up. Got that done and took out trash, and started on the bathroom before I had my lunch.


I am so glad our bathroom is small. Even with not a lot of surface to clean, it takes a bit out of me. I usually do one or two parts, take a break, and go back, until it’s all done. I keep thinking some of those stains will scrub out, but they don’t. At least it’s done for another week !


Mostly tried to get all the housework done early so I could have a ‘Crafty Thursday’ ! With no excuses. I’ve put off sewing for so long, I’ve gotten scared of it again, so it’s time to get crackin’. All my patterns are scanned, all my housework is done. I got stuff I need to do, stuff I want to do, so it’s time I did it already.


For now, though, I’m ready for bed ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment