Monday, July 2, 2012

Bye-Bye Baby Crissy !


Current Mood : Sad but happy. 


Fun times today, unpacking all those boxes that’ve sat around since our last move. I had to reserve one of ‘em for yard sale/donations, since some of it we just don’t need anymore. Got my box of doll clothes back, and I already have a place reserved for it, under the ‘bend’ part of my new desk-table. Gonna hafta go through it soon, because while it’s mostly Barbie apparel, there’s a buncha other dolls’ clothes in there, and most of them I don’t have anymore.


Speaking of dolls gone by, and gone bye, I got a call today I wasn’t expecting. A young girl showed her grandmother the doll she’s been saving for, and it was my Baby Crissy, up on Craigslist. She figured she’d better call, make sure Baby was even still available. She is, and was actually still at MIL’s – I knew exactly where, but since we didn’t have storage space, I left her there, safe and sound. We made arrangements to meet tomorrow, reduced Baby’s price to less than half what I paid for her, and I can’t wait to deliver her to her next happy home. I simply don’t have space for her, and truly haven’t played with her in years. I was glad I found her extra clothes a few weeks ago. Figured I’d have to donate her later, but now she’s gonna have someone to love her. I’m so happy.


And we’ll be at MIL’s tomorrow, anyway. She needs more groceries and dog food, and Beloved wants to check the plumbing, and make a repeatedly delayed stock-up run to Aldi’s. She may also have more details on FIL’s return. He sent me a birthday greeting that mostly attempted to justify his actions of the last three months, and I let it roll. Not much else I can do, and I am not gonna stir up anything that’s none of my business. I am *not* gonna make their issues my business now.


So I had fun organizing and cleaning the kitchen, and drew up a weekly menu. It’s much easier to feed my guys when what’s fer dinner isn’t up for debate. Better use of our inventory, too. The pile of ‘stuff to be situated’ by my desk got big again, but I’m putting it away, little by little. Added the few still-good boxes I emptied today to the pile – if she or they move, they won’t have to buy any, that’s for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment