Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Space, Owls, and Smoked Gouda


Regrettably, I’ve decided to skim the rest of The Princess Diarist and return it. That’s rich, coming from someone who rambles the way I do, but if you think I’m meandering and too stream-of-consciousness (which I am !), I’m bathroom stall graffiti next to Carrie. Whoof. She exhausts me.


Started reading another library selection, Baking Powder Wars, which is quite satisfying. I’m still early in, getting a history lesson about women, cookbooks, and bread, something ya wouldn’t normally find fascinating, but it is pretty interesting.


Today was another great day. Had to pick up Dearest Son’s prescription, so we wandered around. Got a few other things we needed, and some sale goodies. Mostly three wheels of Laughing Cow spreadable smoked gouda wedges and two baggies of Babybel cheeses, all half-price. Not sure why, none of it’s near expiration or on recall. Ah, well. Half price makes it more yummy !


Also, most of the infant wear was on markdown. Remember the onesie I found for $2. ? That whole section was half-price ! I got a blue ‘space’ print for my neon star Build A Bear and a pink ‘owls’ print for my AG dolls. Pants and shoes were also on markdown, along with a onesie three-pack I really liked, but $1. is a lot easier to justify than $4.50. Besides, how many shirts do dolls and bears really need ?


Once home, I was busy, busy. Washed, dried, and put away four loads of laundry and rewarded myself with a gouda wedge. Sooo good. Shuffled some clothes around and cleared off the sofa from a convention of hoodie jackets, then moved my jewelry armoire into the bedroom/playroom, out of the way. Been meaning to do that for weeks ! So I had another wedge. Yeah, those aren’t gonna come near their expiration date – unless they’re still on my hips !


Had the dinner Beloved Hubby requested – extra meaty spaghetti – half done by the time he got home. We were all in a pasta coma less than an hour after that. He had a great day, too – he’s working in the house of a guy who runs plumbing in new homes, he’s done that for more than a decade. And he told Beloved that he’s the best carpenter he’s ever seen. High praise he should hear more often !


I am so darn sleepy. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment