Sunday, June 3, 2018

I have got to start taking pictures again. . .


Sorry, I’m a bit ticked. Finally ordered Doll Junk : Collectible and Crazy Fashions From the 70s and 80s last Friday, before Memorial Day. Since I was trying to go my usual ‘cheap’ route, I bought a used one. Darn bookseller’s ‘third party shipping handler’ hasn’t sent it to USPS yet, it’s still in New Jersey, although they did at least stir themselves to print a USPS label, so they can mark it as shipped. And I went with that particular bookseller because all their reviews started off with ‘got it much faster than planned !’ over and over.  It’s supposed to be here anywhere from Monday to next Monday. I’m already doubting it. Meanwhile, the MLP set Dearest Son finally saved up enough to buy Friday evening will be here Monday. And the prescription I ordered from the VA Tuesday will be here Monday. Arrrgh.


I know, I’m whining, first world problems, waaaah, I’m not getting a book about doll clothes fast enough. But it is darned annoying when they took your money already – last week, the day I ordered it, in fact – but they’re just sitting on it. Hope it’s keeping someone’s butt warm.


Otherwise, it was a nice Sunday. Harvested the dirty clothes and cheap-serged fabric crops from the bedroom, ignored the growing pile of dirty dishes. I feel too sparkly from my freshly cleaned Goodwill earrings to scrape plates right now. I miss wearing huge, silly earrings. May start up again, Heavens know ridiculous jewelry didn’t go out of style with the 80s ! Plus, what I have from ‘back in the day’ is now vintage !


I did ask if I could buy the rest of the mismatched, broken jewelry tray after I’d found all the earring mates I could, but was gently refused. They have to send it to ‘the bins’, which is basically where Goodwill merch goes to die. We have a Clearance Center about 45min. away, but I’ve heard so many horror stories about them. ‘Don’t go without gloves’, ‘human poop clothes’, ‘aggressive eBay resellers’, and ‘increased per-pound rates’ make Dumpster diving sound preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment