Thursday, June 7, 2018

No drama - and I got a llama (napkin) !


Things always get better ! Got to go to that new thrift I saw a week or two ago, and had loads of fun – didn’t buy a single doll, though ! Thanks to sales and a nice proprietor, I spent $6.50, but got a yard of summer-print knit fabric, over a yard of woven in an equally wild print, three lengths of flannel, a red napkin with llamas stitched on it, a pair of infant shorts, a never-used polishing cloth, a vintage pattern box, two Archie comic collections, and a book on antique Valentines. Should have asked about the DVDs, there were several Dearest Son would have liked. I’ll go back there !


The red llama napkin will become a doll poncho, and I’m hoping the infant shorts will fit Ms. Elsa. Debated snagging a sale Build A Bear pattern online, but I already have several infant onesies awaiting alterations for them, and how many shirts does a bear need ?


In the heat of the day, I wound bobbins with old or cheap thread – the kind on those black plastic bobbins, I find those a lot – and did a little housework. Tomorrow, we cheap-serge the remaining and new fabrics, get ‘em into the wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment