Sunday, June 10, 2018

Lathe-y Sunday


Beloved Hubby volunteered to work today, but got very involved in the lathe project and bagged it. It’s amazing how far and how fast he’s come with it. Went to Harbor Freight to snag a few bits and bobs – he used the 20% off coupon, I used the ‘Free 4-In-One Screwdriver’ one. Those things always vanish around here. I joked that I should gather a dozen of them for his upcoming birthday !


Took Dearest Son to Dollar Tree. I didn’t buy anything for me, but I got Super Glue and several of the newly-restocked one and one and a half inch paintbrushes for Beloved. Those are in a thrifted coffee mug in the garage with the others now, a small bouquet of bristles surrounded by ‘I Came. I Sawed. I Fixed It !’. He really likes those brushes.


He was also interested in that polishing cloth I thrifted last week. He was going to need one for a lens located on one of his tools. He showed me what he wanted, a buffing wheel to spin on his drill, and together, we made one ! I cut circles out of the cloth and stitched them together, all the while amazed that my KJ (sewing machine) actually could sew through such a thick stack of thick fabric. He installed the center hardware, and it worked perfectly ! I told him if he ever needed a felt one, I could whip one out in minutes. And I have plenty of felt !


Prepped dinner – pork sirloin steaks in oniony gravy, low and slow cooked for six hours. When we were ready to eat, I stirred up garlic mashed potatoes, and shucked fresh corn on the cob. Not a lot of leftovers ! Steaks fell off the bone when I tried to take them out of the gravy.


Think I’ll try Frito Pie tomorrow. About all I need is a can of pinto beans !

No comments:

Post a Comment