Monday, June 4, 2018

Lovely Day !!


Today. Was. AMAZING !!! Beloved Hubby was as tired as me, so we both went back to bed, enjoyed a little extra cuddle time. My favorite way to start the day ! And my tummy issues were finally leaving me alone – the absence of pain was wonderful. The energy I’d been using to not be miserable now had other places to go !


While I only lost a tenth of a pound, most weekends I gain, so I’m happy with it ! The bakery ‘day old’ shelf had my favorite ciabatta rolls (too expensive at full price, I’m the only one crazy for them), and found peppermint hot chocolate mix on markdown. Soon had everything I needed and on a whim, got some frozen popcorn shrimp for dinner this week, then hurried home – the MLP collector set that Dearest Son scrimped and saved for was due in !


And, there it was, safe in a big, huge box with a smile on the side. The rest of the mail was delivered, too – my book ! Doll Junk appeared out of nowhere ! Far as I knew, it was still in New Jersey. It’s a great book, too. I can’t wait for some quiet time to savor all those questionable fashions pages !


But I had neglected chores to do first. Got some laundry done, including most of the cheap-serged new-to-me fabric remnants, and a load of very necessary socks. Got some dishes done, too, enough for dinner and then some, but not complete. At least the kitchen’s cleaner now !


Beloved worked loooong, hot hours and was mentally and physically exhausted once home, so I made a quick dinner of the shrimp and green beans, with some stale bread reborn as cheese toast. I served it with a fine red, Kool-Ade Black Cherry, if you’ll pardon my blatant brand-dropping. Livin’ large, ya’ll ! Dearest proudly showed off his newly-deboxed ponies, and it was a joy to see him so happy. We basically didn’t let Beloved do much but select his own shrimp, then let him relax and be still for a bit.  

                                                       
Slowly slogging through Carrie Fisher’s Princess Diarist, but it’s rather taxing. To tell truth, I never finished Postcards From The Edge, it was like marching through vegetable soup. Not difficult, and smells very nice, but I had to keep stopping to empty carrots and peas outta my boots. I guess I was expecting lush, sighing thoughts about ‘Carrison’, but so far, I have a long-winded detail of her getting smashed at George Lucas’ birthday party during Episode IV filming, and waaay too much about Koo Stark. I was soon feeling like Dorothy lost in Carrie’s word-poppy field, and closed it for a while, to recover.


I think I’ll stick to some of Mercedes Lackey’s Valdemar series tonight. Otherwise, I’ll never sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment