Saturday, May 12, 2018

Soon as I saw this one, Ms. Elsa *had* to have it !


Ms. Elsa got a whole new outfit, instead of just a shirt, today ! Her blouse was a kid’s Danskin Dri-More racer-back tank. It’s now backless with a neck closure, and I shortened the longer-in-the-back hemline to a straight one that’ll be good to wear over shirts. The new neckline gapped a bit, so I took in two small darts. I call it fashion !


It didn’t take long, and I knew the resulting shirt would be too short to wear alone, even with Ms. Elsa’s painted bodysuit. However, it’s been so long since I had a My Size doll, I didn’t have any patterns printed out – and I ditched the ones I had years ago. I had some saved as files on the computer, but our printer’s on strike for more toner. It probably wouldn’t even scan if it had its druthers, but I got it to anyway. I could go to the library for printouts, but I didn’t want to wait. Ya’ll know how impatient I am !


So I did something silly. I pulled the files for MSB fitted pants up in PaintShopPro, and adjusted the size ‘til the “one inch” check matched the ruler in my hand. Then I temporary taped sheets of already used paper to the screen and traced the parts I needed. Yaay, shorts pattern !


Then I had my usual wrestle with what fabric to use. Ended up using a pair of Beloved Hubby’s old jeans he’d committed to the trash a few weeks ago. I’d already washed them, so they were ready to go. I was even able to save the frayed hems, for a touch of verisimilitude. Jeans are probably hard to come by in Arendelle.


Three broken needles later, I had a greater respect for denim. Saving the hems and using an elastic casing waist made for some thick sewing ! I took it slow and walked the needle, but still had some breaks, but it all worked out. It took a lot longer than doing the same version in thin cotton, but I really did want Ms. E. to have some broken-down jeans, for some reason. Worth it !



No comments:

Post a Comment