Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Four Fabrics And A Onesie.


Success ! Our Mal-Wart finally got the Summer fat quarters in, and after much deliberation, I selected four. Got ‘em cheap-serged and in the wash. Surprisingly, the single bin of remaining Easter quarters are still a buck – cheep, but I already bought my limit on those. Unless the rest are a quarter or so ! Guess ‘Easter’ isn’t quite so rigidly ‘Holiday’, like Halloween or Christmas.


While Dearest Son examined laptops, video games , DVDs, and other electronic delights, I checked for markdown toddler shoes (for Ms. Elsa) and onesies (for the AG-size girls). Nope on the shoes, and I soon realized that the $3. folded infant shirts started at 0-3 mos., a size I already know to be too big for my purposes. And the markdown garments were all licensed, and still more than I wanted to pay. However, more prowling soon yielded single Gerber onesies, in Newborn, for just $2. Had to choose between lavender flowers and bright pink owls, and went with the lavender. Long as I was careful, I could try it on my dolls, and return it if it didn’t work.


And it does ! It went in the wash, too, because a bit of shrink wouldn’t hurt. Now I’m not sure if I want to make a blouse out of it, or a nightie. Probably a blouse, both of my dolls already have nightwear, and I can always do this again for that doll I’m planning on giving to the woman in therapy who’s already tossed a Frozen castle back at me. (sigh) I’m an idiot, but I don’t wanna penalize daughter for her mother’s insensitivity.


Once home, I found that a nationwide funeral service thoughtfully sent me some information on how my Veteran’s Death Benefits have changed. No, didn’t ask for it. (sigh)


Our M-W has a free sample device – I’ve scored several snacks from it. Today was a packet of Persil laundry detergent. I think Dearest was a little disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment