Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday is always fun day at the thrift !

Current Notes: Most good experiments start with spending $1.99 at a thrift store...




I got to hit the thrift today ! After last week’s major score, I really shouldn’t be surprised that today, I didn’t find much – it tends to go that way – but I still had fun. Most of the dolls from last visit were gone, with really nothing new, so I’m happy they went  to new homes and I got what I wanted last week !


Found a pair of half-price work pants and a folio for Beloved Hubby, a copy of the first Imponderable book, a second copy of Real Boys we’ll gift to a friend, another book for Dearest Son, a cute 6X skirt that’ll make doll clothes, and a bag of kid craft supplies for a quarter.


Craft supply bag was fun ! I got two leatherette cuff bracelets – doll belts ! – five hanks of friendship bracelet floss, a package of three tic-tac-toe pads, a Tinkerbell notepad, Tinkerbell-themed stampers, a pencil sharpener, and stencils, a blue and silver snowflake packet with coordinating pencil, stickers, and erasers, an ‘M’ themed sticky notepad, a Mary Engelbreit mini spiral notebook, a bottle of white glue and pink fabric paint, four shoelaces (pink, purple, turquoise, white), some elastic cording, and at least three handfuls of shiny faceted plastic beads. It’s kind of like someone tossed a bunch of craft kit remnants in a bag with Tinkerbell misc. and random notepads. I think they hold some of the ‘grab bags’ for Sunday, as I never see them any other time.


Beloved watches me go through the whole bag, sifting beads through my fingers, exclaiming over the pretty snowflake set, repurposing bracelets to doll belts, and mutters, ‘It’s true. I married Ariel.’ Not really, Honey – I don’t have near enough dinglehoppers yet.



It was rainy and cloudy all day, perfect napping weather. I know Beloved got plenty of rest ! While he and Dearest Son slept, I got DP&M Tiana and started wrapping the skirt I bought around her. Found out that simple tube dresses will not work on that body – arms are so low on the chest, a straight tube is just looks inappropriate to me. Even though the dolls have no real bustline to speak of, I still like to dress my dolls on the modest side. I’ll have to stitch up camisoles instead, with curves for the underside of the arm cut out. Or get much better with straps ! Lotta dolls are engineered that way. The Timey girls are, and so are most AG style dolls, authentic or clone. I did make a sort of dress, reworking the built-in accent bow, and also a skirt that can be worn high or low, or folded over. And I still have some fabric left. I got a lot out of that two bucks ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment