Sunday, March 9, 2014

Remember when I mourned not finding the doll that went with DP&M Tiana's dress last month ?

Current Notes: Well, look who's here ! 




After reading that a MH board member found a Slo Mo not far from here, I went on an idiot’s midnight run… and came up empty. Kinda figured, but it was special to me, to feel that rush and drive again. He’ll show up eventually.


It wasn’t bugging me much – hey, it’s not like I’ll never ever never have him, it’ll just take a little longer for me. This is so typical, I wonder why I’m even wasting the electrons to tell it to you. But today was kind of odd, right from the start, and it is worth telling, so let’s get it started already.


Even though I just went to my favorite thrift Friday, I went again today. I felt almost… compelled. Ever have that ? Got in right after they opened, so most of the ‘doorbusters’ were already gone, but I was mostly there for Beloved Hubby pants and general ‘time outta Chez Insanity’ for both me and Dearest Son. He dashed off to look at vintage electronics, I dug through piles of pants. Luckily for me, I could see him and dig at the same time. Blue tags were 25¢ or 5 for $1., green got you 99c clothes this week. I know it sounds weird, but I’m tracking the tag colors as a sort of thrifty game.


Soon had a pile – rejected two pair for damages – of eight pairs for Beloved, and a narrow pinstripe for doll clothes for me. Dearest enjoyed looking around, but didn’t see anything he wanted to part with any allowance money to obtain. I was making a quick circuit around the store, aiming for the nude doll pile on a rack above the clothes when I saw a familiar leg sticking out. A gentle pull…Tiana ! It was DP&M Tiana ! I couldn’t believe it ! She wasn’t there Friday. But there she was, a little scratched and in need of some hair help, but…wow. Of the three DP&M dolls I most liked, I’d now have two of them !


And you’re not gonna believe this but…she had a blue tag ! It even said ‘Disney Princess and Me doll’ ! So I got her for 25¢ instead of $5.99, although I’d have gladly paid the original price as well. She even had on some not-well-fitting sneakers, and a cute, if equally ill-fitting, cupcake t-shirt.


Wanna know what’s weird ? Last month, I bought a Tiana DP&M dress on a Snow White doll. I mourned a bit that I didn’t find Tiana. Well, that Snow purchase was exactly one month ago. Really ! February 09. And today, I find Tiana. On March 09. Talk about compulsions ! 


She is so beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment