Thursday, November 17, 2011

OMG ! Abbey !! And Toralei, too !


Current Mood : Delighted and dizzy !



(laugh) It never fails. Few days after I post a photo of my 'complete' Fearleading team, the very next webisode shows Ghoulia suited up and...well, Fearing. I kinda wanted to get her a uniform anyway...and now I'm sort of torn. Since I'd also like one for Lagoona, should I go for another Fearleader Set (I can use Amazon 'book sold' money !) or snag two or three outfits and start scritching stitch decals ? I'm not really sure yet. Cash-wise, it's $43. vs $27., which is sort of compelling - and I'll get more megaphones ! As for why I'd possibly need three uniforms...


Well, you've seen the photo. Acting on the advice of Tanz_Fanatika from the LiveJournal Monster High site, I called up our local Justice! store. It's a girls' clothing and accessory shop, filled with so much pink and bright, you'll swear it's raining glitter. There's one not five miles from here, and in the mall where we lived before the move to CapitalCity. They gladly checked for me, and while they were happy to put Abbey Bominable away for me, they didn't have any Gil dolls. Oh, well.


Messaged Beloved, who was looking forward to a short day, and he advised me to be dressed and ready, he was on the way home within the hour ! Lucky !! And, as it turned out, they had just one lonely Toralei. I'm still on the fence about her. But it's easier to return a doll than to find one again in this line, so we went ahead and snagged her.


Took her up to the counter, and...oh, no ! There was a Spectra Vondergeist doll, with a big yellow "HOLD" tag taped to her. Oh, shoot - had I asked for the wrong doll somehow ? Nope. That was someone else's. My Abbey was backstage ! Wheee ! Since everything in the store was 40% off, the two dolls total were a bit over $38. Awesome !


Got home and deboxed Abbey. She is wonderful ! Bit of hair shed, but her glittery skin is just so, all over, and her pet wooly mammoth Shiver has the most impish grin ! Have you seen the tiny skullie-head key that dangles from her purse ? Amazing detail for something so small. I briefly thought of getting her 'Snowboard Club' outfit, but then I remembered - the pants are only knee-length, we have plenty of boots already, and I can find a snowboard in Barbie props somewhere. No, if I'm gonna waste money, it'll be on more Fearleader outfits, natch !


So. That leaves only Gil left on my wish list. And yes, I checked the Justice! in FormerCity. She said they didn't have any left. Arrgh ! Oh, well. For a doll that got nearly $130. by himself last week, when there were fewer than a dozen listed, there's pages of him available now, and $50. Buy It Now 'auctions' are being ignored. Evidently there's lots of Gils coming out, maybe even here eventually.


Ah, Gil...Someday...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new girls! Great finds...and who'd have thought to check out Justice!

    ReplyDelete