Thursday, August 4, 2011

DracuLaura and drama. Pretty much a perfect fit !



Current Mood : A bit springier than before...



Today's image surfaced with high interest - DracuLaura's just adorable in a little mantle similar to the one she wore waaaay back in one of the earliest webisodes, 'Clawditions'. Cute dress, too, although similar to her Forbitten Romance costume. I think the second comment on LiveJournal about the image was a the hope that she'd remain a single doll if released - not yet another 'completer' in a four-pack ! Gee, d'ya think people are getting a bit tired of that ploy, Mattel ? 


A later comment made the same point that went through my head - if DLaura is released as 'Drama' and a single doll (oh, please, oh, please, ohpleasepleaseplease), most of us would be glad to buy her - we'd get that symmetry-attractive fourth locker without buying one of the same dolls twice. 


And yes, I've thought about it. Since the lockers themselves are bringing $10. to $15. (plus $5. shipping) on eBay again, it'll probably be a bit easier to just buy a second doll. I decided that, if things go that way, I'd probably snag a second Lagoona, since you can always use another of her 'bro'-frogs around the house - can't resist those sad eyes, not one out of the three. I also love her clothes, and you could snip a second pair of her shoes so they wouldn't have the long tie-ribbon if you're not fond of it. I'm kind of putting off Lagoona 'til last on deboxing, because while I'm curious as anything how my lab coat experiments compare, I'm also a bit timid about it, since I haven't sewn in months. 


Of course, since this image isn't dated, there's no telling when it was done. Many detail colors have changed, especially on Ghoulia's shoes and ball, and it could be DLaura was dropped months ago, and she just won't be happening. Still, it's a darn cute outfit for it to just vanish, so everyone holds out hopes. 


Our weather was a bit on the unpredictable side, and so was my sleep. And, come to find out, I'd been using an empty inhaler that night and early this morning. It's really hard to read the little numbers in the dark, and not all of mine have 'em. Sure explained a few things when I got it straightened out. 


When I listened to m'self a bit, I realized I didn't really want to open Frankie today, that I really wanted to get the Hydration Station work done before nobody really cares anymore. I mean, I could easily repost my old review of "Chat Diva" Teresa, but no one would really find it meaningful, unless they're trying to find out why this yard-sale doll has a huge port chunk out of her back. Besides, Beloved Hubby will be home tomorrow, and he's done dozens of music videos. Helping me edit my darn-near silent-movie experiment is nothin' at all to him ! Shoot, I should be able to do it m'self, but it's always better when there's someone to help nearby. 


So, when it's nice and dark - and Chez Insanity is nice and quiet tonight - I'm gonna unlimber the tripod, clean off the TV tray I've been using as a mini photo-studio, and shoot probably about ten minutes of gorgeous bubbly footage that'll probably get edited down to less than one minute total. But I'm excited about it ! Hope to have it posted by tomorrow afternoon, so wish us all luck !

1 comment:

  1. yay! I actually did want to see the hydration station first, but since I didn't comment until the afternoon I was afraid you might have already started on Frankie and didn't want to stress you. looking forward to seeing the video!

    I agree that Draculaura looks really cute, and I hope they release her (as a single!). I remember someone posting about the classroom dolls being posted as 1,2, and 4, so it would make sense for her to be produced, but I don't understand why they would be holding her back... maybe as a 2-pack with Operetta?

    ReplyDelete