Thursday, May 8, 2014

Game Day, with pretzels.

Current Notes: Image a photo of meatloaf, right here...




Game Day today ! And I actually had fun. I’d promised Dearest Son another pepperoni pretzel at the nearby mall last year, and made good on it – too bad the memory of the snack was far better than the actual food. Ah, well. It wouldn’t bug me so much if the pretzels hadn’t cost more than lunch at McD’s, and they weren’t heat-lamp dry at a little after noon. Possibly the last ones we got were fresher. I also had to ask three times before I got the sodas we paid for – and they gave us the wrong ones. (sigh)


I’ll probably still go back to the mall, as there’s a neat little jewelry shop with those strappy bracelets that make great doll belts – for just a buck ! She also sold plastic stem earrings that are also great for dolls, since there’s no metal to react with the vinyl. I can see me spending ten bucks there and not getting a thing for m’self !


Game Day went pretty well, I actually got to interact with the other parents this time. S. wanted me to babysit again, I bowed out and we left a little early for an appointment. I also listened with much interest about some fun run/walks another member participated in – she sent me some links to investigate. And just yesterday, I spied a new municipal park with a walk/jog trail, perfect for an inactive lump like me to see if I can go the distance, maybe train a bit to do so. Much to think about.



But first, dinner ! Meatloaf with baked beans and baked potatoes. I’m too stuffed to move !   

No comments:

Post a Comment