Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Like I need more patterns... we'll say this is a tutorial instead !

Current Notes: My latest challenge !




Feeling better today, but still a bit dazed and really tired for no real reason. So we took it easy, and I mean ‘ramen for lunch’ easy. The too-boring-to-tell thing that was bugging me a few days ago has been resolved, and that’s been like a gift I appreciate about every 20 minutes or so. Beloved Hubby is amazing and can do and fix anything, I’m really impressed.


So I celebrated by buying a bit of fabric from my favorite Japanese fabric seller off Etsy, Kawaii Meow – I’ve been watching it as a ‘Favorite’ item for weeks ! - and a pattern for American Girl-size dolls that will supposedly help me become more confident with curved seams (there’s at least two I’m wrestling with in each doll shoe !) and teach me how to draft my own color-block doll clothes. Since I can use AG patterns for Timey, Dottie, and Chatty, the pattern’s not a complete waste, but once I figure it out, I wanna adjust it to fit the DP&M dolls.  



That used up all my PineCone survey funds in the best way possible for me. I got the pattern as an instant download, and the Japanese fabric will probably take about two or three weeks to arrive. A challenge to enjoy now, and something to look forward to in the mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment