Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thank you, Tabitha !


Current Mood : Ick. 




Felt better last night, and wanted to sew. Which was good, I’ve been ill all day today, no way was I gonna try anything creative, even though the sun finally came out mid-afternoon. When I pulled out the fabric for Frankie’s ‘Blue Skies’ skirt, the lovely light gauze crinkle cotton pieces Tabitha (Me Love Gangrels on Flickr) sent me came with it, and that turquoise had been stored long enough !


Decided to try it with the super-simple dress pattern I created, and I knew exactly who that color would be perfect for. It was even fairly close to Scaris Cleo’s hair streaks, and Lagoona’s Classroom shoes, so all I had to do was sew. Didn’t have a good turquoise thread, so of course, my neckline hem was horrible, and every bad stitch showed like a neon roach on a wedding cake. So I ‘crossed it out’ with two rows of zig-zag stitches, and that looked pretty good ! Went over the sleeve hems so they’d match, and did the same to the skirt hem. It came out very well, and I look forward to finding some good thread and using the rest soon ! Tabitha also gifted me the same fabric in a rich, chocolatey brown and an azalea-bright pink, which I’d also like to play with. I’m thinking tiered skirts…D’ya think Scaris Lagoona would look better in velvety brown or hibiscus pink ?


The nice young Japanese lady I ordered that luscious fabric on Etsy from wrote me back last night – it’s already been shipped, and it’s up to our respective postal services if it’s here in two weeks or a month. She also said I overpaid shipping – I ended up placing a second order for a different half-yard fabric piece I fell in love with – and refunded the balance. I think I can already recommend Kawaii Meow for your gorgeous fabric needs next time you’re prowlin’ Etsy. Her shipping to the US is very reasonable, and she offers sales and scraps if you want a taste first. But lemme tell ya, if finances weren’t an issue, I’d have ordered waaaay too much, just to have so much beauty around me.


Well, I’m turning in. I am soo ready for some sleep ! Hope your Thursday was less icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment