Thursday, December 20, 2012

My cheap-azz gift to you – a digital Christmas mix tape !


Current Mood : Well-fed and sleepy. 


I went through several ‘ultimate Christmas’ playlists in the past few days, hardly ever seeing anything I’m not yawn-bored with – I mean, yeah, Bing Crosby’s White Christmas  is a standard, a classic, the genre-definer, yatta-yatta. But I’m a whiny creature, and can only listen to the same twelve songs over and over every year without shrugging in boredom and disinterest, then crabbing about it on my blog. I have my own classics, so if you don’t mind, I’d like to share them, via YouTube links, with you.


Side A

This Christmas – Donny Hathaway

Christmas Can-Can – Straight No Chaser

Skater’s Waltz - AnyaAngie

Merry Christmas, Darling – The Carpenters

Carol of the Bells - ThePianoGuys

Lego 12 Pains of Christmas – Bob Rivers and Momaws77 (Dearest Son approved !)


Last Christmas – Wham!


Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt

Silver Bells – Glenn Miller Orchestra

Christmas Waltz – The Carpenters

Sleigh Ride – John Williams & The Boston Pops

12 Days of Christmas – Straight No Chaser

Stille Nacht – Mannheim Steamroller


Side B







So. Something for everyone, and more if you’re old enough to lift a lip in despair for years past and bills coming. Love to hear your forgotten classics and favorite moderns ! 


Therapy went well, and so did my annual Dr. appointment. It wasn’t in-depth, as my heart and lung functions seem to be holding steady, so all the more advanced tests aren’t necessary for a while yet. Wanna know what’s funny ? I got my labs done early, so I could have my first bite of food since midnight at about 1pm– and I wasn’t hungry. I’d kept well-hydrated with water, even had a snack in my purse, and while everyone else’s chow smelled good, I wasn’t gonna give in until I got the nod.


Until we stopped at Aldi’s on the way home. Oh, boy, just looking at it all made us ravenous, so you know we got tons of treats ! I snagged a huge bag of apples, and two giant stalks of 59c celery – so crunchy and green. As well as a nice big ham for next Tuesday. I pulled some leftovers out to make space in the fridge for all the largesse, then called ‘em lunch and ate ‘em. Washed some work clothes for Beloved Hubby and dozed off on the sofa.


I got loads of housework to do, so I think I’m gonna skip sewing tonight. But that means I’ll have tomorrow ! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I like the Christmas greeting with Monsters. It's a very original post. I hope to see your creations sewing. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the eclectic selection. I've been listening to them a couple at a time while I finished up some work.

    ReplyDelete