Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I think Frankie has a better lock on the title of 'Fashionista' than Barbie does...

Current Mood : The good kinda tired.


Got some great news at the Doctor’s today. I’m going off my diabetes medicine, since I’m now considered ‘controlled with diet/lifestyle’, not even pre-diabetic anymore. I’m also mostly off the air supply when I’m not exercising or sleeping, so for most of my day, I don’t have to twitch an air hose around anymore ! If it weren’t for my heart damage – my ejection factor is up slightly, but it’s still dangerously low – and a bit of anemia, I’d be really healthy !


So they’re putting me on iron supplements, and keeping me on thyroid. My blood pressure, cholesterol, kidney function and lung function are all right where they should be. As far as the results of the catheterization last month…we don’t really know yet. There’s been no follow up, no notes, no appointments, nothing. But it has been reviewed. My Dr. will dig a little deeper and let me know why no further reports have been filed. Hope it’s just an oversight.


As usual, I was dirt tired afterwards – there were blood-draw labs and fun with stirrups, too – so I sipped a bowl of soup and crashed. Felt better, so Dearest Son and I headed out for a bit. Mal-Wart had not one single doll of any line in the Monster High section, and even the ‘Sweet 1600’ tape decoration had been pulled off the shelves. There was a themed walkie-talkie set, an iPhone case, and some dress-up boxes, that was all.


Family Dollar had some stuff Dearest Son liked, and even I found something – a $3. Barbie ‘Fashionista’ dress. Wow, doll clothes have gotten expensive. It was yer usual ‘gorgeous print on one side, solid cheap sateen on the other, no shoes or accessories’ low-end dress, but I remember those being two bucks last year. Oh, well. I decided I really loved that one print, and got it.


But before I could start adapting it to fit Skull Shores Frankie, we stopped by Dollar Tree. Dearest Son snagged a new LED flashlight and a big-eyed stuffed cat, I think the latter is for Friend H. I got a dash duster for Beloved Hubby, and I really cleaned up. Got some summery flip-flops in my size, a spotlight book-light for my doll photo-studio,  a universal remote for our missing TV one, a pack of batteries for it, a big bowl for popcorn or chip sharing, a small indulgence package of cheese, and a bag of jellybeans. I was sorely tested by those green fairy wings, but figured they’d clash with my blouse. Maybe next time.


I could hardly wait to rip into that Fashionista dress. They actually had two that I liked in that line – believe it or not, they were $3.24 at Mal-Wart ! – but I figured I’d stick for one today. I wish I could tell you that I intelligently took the simple dress apart at the seams, marked the necessary tucks and darts, sewed them and reassembled the dress, but that’s as far from what I did as good writing is from my blog. I basically pinched everywhere the dress hung on Frankie, sewed it and went on to the next gap, then tightened it by moving the Velcro ™ closure. It really looks awful on the inside, and the back is nothing to brag about. But on Frankie, it looks good, I think !


And my new ‘spotlight’ didn’t do much for today’s photo. I mostly just used the flash, since it was kinda late by the time the sewing was done. I also wanna confess that, if I had found Rochelle, I’d have bought her, that’s what the Mal-Wart trip was all about. But I didn’t take it anywhere else, even though Target, Aldi’s, and Justice are within rock-tossing distance. It was OK to check one store, but hitting other stores beyond that was hunting, and I don’t need any other new dolls this week that much.


I wonder if there’s such a thing as a reformed hypocrite…


1 comment:

  1. Frankie looks fab in that dress!!!
    Congrats on being taken off all those meds! That is fantastic news! MH is still really scarce around my area too. I was stunned to find several 1600 a couple of GB and even a Nefera at Target. Oh and oddly enough they had 3 of the large 5 (or 6) doll Skull Shores packs! Needless to say snagged Nefera! :-) I hopefully will find a Rochelle in my area too! I think she is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete